Education is the recognition of Allah Almighty and yourself. Children can brings the change in their personalities through the education. As we all know that all the institutions are closed now a days due to Coronavirus because “Health is Wealth”. If you are physically good you can do work with energy. Health is very important for us because without it we cannot do anything. Due to COVID19, all schools, colleges and universities are closed in the country from Mid of March 2020. In this article we have given some suggestions about “How Reopening of Schools with SOPs during Lockdown can be Possible”
Reason for Closure of Schools
School is the place of gathering community where is full chance people may get infection from one another. The infection of respiratory can easily transform among the children and also young. Due to Coronavirus, all the educational institutions are closed in Pakistan. When more than 30 people will stay in the same classroom there will be the risk of spreading virus. If schools open during lockdown without precautionary measures so students will read, sit, eat, and play together and all these things may be greatest causes of spreading COVID 19. To keep in mind all these factors, the government has extended closure of schools till any further notification.
Reopening of other Professions with SOPs
Besides this, Government has allowed opening various professions like Construction, Transportation, Shops, Parks, Markets and Malls with SOPs except education. A Questions to Government; why here all the people take consideration hundreds of people gather at malls is there no virus? In the market thousand people goes on shopping is there no virus? If NO then why schools, colleges, and universities are closed while other activities are going to be become usual.
Impacts of Closure of Schools Due to Lockdown
The Government must think for reopening of Schools with SOPs during Lockdown because this is creating the critical situation for the future of Students and unemployment of teachers especially in Private Schools. Approximately 1.5M Private Schools Teachers may be unemployed in Pakistan if schools are not open. Not only students and their studies, teachers are affecting due to closure of schools during lockdown. Some other people associated with schools e.g School Van Drivers, Canteen Owner, Bookshops etc are also facing financial crunch.
Similarly, Government has promoted students from KG to intermediate in the Next Level without Exams. Students to next class how they can secure their future as each level has a great link with previous class? How they can become the teacher, doctor or engineer the degree which we are taking without exam is waste as compare to pass students whose have completed their education on the actual basis this remote learning is not good now and or for future. Its a time that Government should seriously think about reopening of Schools with SOPs like other areas and professions.
Reopening of Schools with SOPs during Lockdown:
Here are some suggestions which Government may implement for reopening of Schools with SOPs during lockdown;
- The timing of the school should be short so that children get education without any issue.
- The timings for Primary & Middle Level should be from 8.30 am to 10.30 am while the timings for secondary Level from 11:00 am to 01.00 pm.
- It is the responsibility of teacher to deliver every morning lecture about the Coronavirus. How to get the protection from this disease you should to do the small activities about Coronavirus. How can children make sanitizer at home you should do all these activities one time within a week.
- The school authority should arrange on the main gates a disinfection gates and thermal screening.
- It should be compulsory that every child has a sanitizer in his /her bag.
- Every student should wear the mask not only the students as teachers should also follow the same rule.
- The teacher should choose the specific topics which can help the students in pass the exam. The Teachers should teach those topics which can help the students in the next class because some topics must be clear to go the forward.
- Study in Schools without assembly because in assembly students cannot maintain the social distancing.
- The teacher should have to take care of the children and strictly maintain the social distancing among students and at the end of the periods lectures students should take the home path no need to gossip with friends and eat with friends.
So, we all know that closure of schools is good for our children’s Health because with the advanced technologies we can get education at home such as Online Education System but this education system is successful in developed countries but not under developed country Like Pakistan. A number of students whose are either poor or belong to rural areas and cannot afford these technologies such as Laptop Internet Zoom etc. So Government should take all this issue seriously and should allow to open schools with SOPs during Lockdown so education can be continued in well manner without any confusion.